About Calming Fun-Shaped Chews:
CALMING support formula is recommended for pets exposed to increased environmental stressors.
When pets can’t adapt to stress it can lead to nervousness, hyperactivity, excess barking, abnormal urine marking, excessive scratching, and destructive or aggressive behavior.
- Changes to environment
- Company or parties
- Veterinary or grooming visits
- Boarding or holidays
- Boredom or separation stress
- Moving or traveling
- Fireworks and thunderstorms
CALMING helps alleviate stress related behavior problems without affecting your animal’s personality or energy level. It can be used daily or as needed to support relaxation. It contains a combination of factors not found in other calming formulas such as Colostrum Calming Complex, L-Theanine and Thiamine (Vitamin B1), which all address stress and relaxation.
ABOUT THE FORMULA:
- Colostrum Calming Complex is taken from colostrum proteins, a range of bioactive proteins that have been found to support cognitive function and stress reduction. The colostrum calming complex is isolated from the proteins and works synergistically with the L-Theanine in the formula to promote relaxation and cognition.
- L-Theanine is a naturally occurring amino acid found in green tea and a derivative of glutamic acid, a neurotransmitter in the brain. Glutamic acid helps the body produce a variety of calming amino acids such as Dopamine, GABA and Tryptophan, and helps bring certain neurotransmitter into better balance. L-Theanine supports calming and relaxation, and reduces irritability and low mood states caused by unbalanced chemicals in the brain. Also, L-Theanine has been extensively studied for its ability to help curb destructive behavior. Studies done on L-Theanine showed that dogs were calm and relaxed without adverse effects or drowsiness; dogs were alert, playful,and calmer than expected in their stimulating environments.
- B vitamins help manage stress and help maintain normal disposition. Vitamin B1 or Thiamine, has been shown to affect the central nervous system beneficially by helping calm and relax anxious animals. Because thiamine is not stored in the body, increased activity, stress, illness, or increased metabolism deplete its levels in the body. Deficiencies cause mental confusion, muscular weakness, muscle spasms, nervousness, and weight and appetite loss during periods of stress.
- CALMING does not contain any herbal ingredients (Kava Kava, Valerian, St. John’s Wort etc.) or L-Tryptophan. Its ingredients do not cause side effects, addiction, drowsiness, or impaired motor skills.
Please visit www.petnaturals.com for more information